Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lemming Tracks: It's Been Quite a Week - and it Ain't Over Yet

The Lemming has had quite a week. Make that quite a month.

My second-oldest daughter got married.

My father's condition took a turn for the worse.

My new son-in-law got really, really, sick; couldn't eat; a scary several days.

My son-in-law got better, my father got worse. Lots worse.

My father died.

I buried my father and mother's remains yesterday.

And it isn't over yet: I've got the other half of their remains left to bury in Illinois. They were cremated, you see, and the ashes comingled. It isn't as gross or weird as it sounds.

I need to get a bulletin ready for the local Knights of Columbus council. Before Sunday, if humanly possible.

But, hey: no pressure.

The point of going into this detail of my everyday life is in case you've noticed a slight change in tone in these posts. There's more about what's happening with me and the family, at Through One Dad's Eye, whose URL is smalltowndad.blogspot.com, because I changed the name of the blog after starting it.

Oh, well. Life goes on.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory