Blogger is ten years old, and - as the blogging service puts it - "...we're celebrating by giving back to all of you who've made our community so special over the years." I followed a link that shows "posts with label 10th Birthday" and found these, among others:
- "Turn Your Blog into a Book with Blog2Print"
Caroline Vanderlip, SharedBook CEO (September 15, 2009)
- "To continue Blogger's 10th anniversary celebration, I’m delighted to announce that Blog2Print has now partnered with Blogger. Blog2Print lets you publish some or all of your posts and photos as a professionally-printed, full-color book...."
- "Widgetbox: Make a Widget From Your Blog"
Will Price, CEO of Widgetbox (September 14, 2009)
- "In honor of Blogger’s 10 birthday, all of us at Widgetbox are excited to announce a partnership with Blogger that allows you to quickly and easily turn your blog into a widget...."
- "It's a date!"
Ross Peter Nelson, Software Engineer, Google Calendar (September 11, 2009)
- "Do you have an event you'd like to invite your readers to? Thanks to Blogger Gadgets, this is now a piece of cake. Click the Customize link in the toolbar, and go to the Layout tab. There, you'll see the Add a Gadget link. The Event Gadget is currently one of the featured gadgets, or you can add it directly by clicking "add your own" and entering the..."
- This one, I might use
- "You Might As Well Jump!"
Sean McCullough, Software Engineer, Blogger (September 09, 2009)
- "It's time to announce another Blogger Birthday feature! Many users have been asking for an easy way to implement "Read more" links on their blog's index page. In fact, for years bloggers have been implementing "Read more" jump breaks themselves by manually editing their HTML...."
- By far not the worst idea I've seen. Eventually, I'll reconsider my policy on the 'snippet-plus-link' approach to blog home pages
Some of these probably work better than the 'Reactions' option (wouldn't take much), and a number look downright promising.
It couldn't hurt to take a look, right?