Underwire, Wired (July 22, 2010)
"A time traveler, an unwitting heir to an intergalactic empire, and a wheelchair-bound professor who winds up bonded to an alien weapon: These are the latest superheroes cooked up by comics legend Stan Lee and his creative co-conspirators at Boom Studios.
"Lee, whose Pow Entertainment is partnering with Boom on the three series, introduced new characters The Traveler, Starborn and Soldier Zero during a Wednesday press conference at Comic-Con International here.
"Boom Studios' Chief Creative Officer Mark Waid, writer of time-bending series The Traveler, said the new comics would be inspirational and non-cynical, without resorting to a retro feel. He also said the characters would breathe with the kind of human foibles for which Lee's creations are known...."
There's a brief telling of each new comic's premise, a few more pictures - of Soldier Zero - and a bit of what Stan Lee and Boom Studios’ Chief Creative Officer Mark Waid had to say.
From the sounds of it, they could have a winner or three here.
- "A Book Narrated by a Dog: a Micro-Review of a Review"
(June 17, 2010)
- ""Mary Quite Contrary" Returns: The Title Character Turns 15"
(May 31, 2010)
- "At Last! A Comic About Chess: Sort of"
(January 17, 2010)
- "New Google Themes: Comics, This Time"
(July 23, 2009)
- "Cartoon About Classroom Seating Habits"
(May 24, 2008)
- "News, Comics, Games: and Family-Friendly"
(December 26, 2007)
- "Cats, Lots of Cats, to End the Day"
(November 1, 2007)