Friday, January 29, 2010

Frankenmodel: Or, 'After This Job, You Die'

"Once upon a time, in a blog like this…"
Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (January 28, 2010)


(Albert Gea, via Reuters, used w/o permission)

"Blog Guy, it's me. Goldilocks. All grown up. Out here on the slag pile where fairytale characters go when they've outlived their usefulness. Wrung out, discarded like old porridge…

"Yeah, I get it. What are you doing in this sleazy dive? What happened to the three bears?

"You can't tell? They're still with me. They'll never leave. Baby Bear is now a grown-up chain-smoker with a gambling problem. All of us, wrung out, discarded, like…

"Right. Like old porridge. Take a load off and look at some fashion designs for you and your three friends...."

the rest of the post is much like others on the Oddly Enough blog. If you follow the blog, and like that sort of humor: You'll think it's funny. I do, on both counts, by the way.

Looking at that first photo, my immediate thought was that this could be a case of gene therapy gone horribly wrong.

Then, I took a look at the model's face.

I can't tell for sure, since photography hadn't been invented when some of my ancestors hacked their way into possession of Cawdor Castle,1 but I suspect that's the sort of look my great-to-some-power grandmothers may have had, before they stuck something long and sharp into an offensive person.

Manuel Bolano, creator of that - thing - she's wearing should be glad he's living in the 21st century, where skewering people for personal reasons is often frowned upon.
1 With the death of my father, I inherited a shot at being the Thane of Cawdor. But a ghastly number of people would have to die - or be killed - first, and we don't work that way anymore.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory