Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (January 18, 2010)
"Okay fashion show staff, we’re still looking for ways to save money on these shows, and we think we’ve found a good way to curb the soaring cost of hair stylists.
"There is a group of folks who will work cheap, they are eager to learn and they have lots of time on their hands.
"Of course I’m talking about the criminally insane. Now that they’re being allowed to design fashions, why shouldn’t they work on hair, too?
"They deserve a shot – oops, poor choice of words...."
Photos of the bizarre, twisted (literally and figuratively) hair styles created with intent and premeditation for fashion shows are played for laughs, as usual with the Oddly Enough blog.
On the other hand: Mr. Basler may have a point. Looking at what professional stylists do, I wonder if real-life equivalents of The Joker or The Scarecrow could possibly do a worse job.
- "Old Style, New Fashions - and They're Not Hideous"
(January 1, 2010)
- "Worst Women's Fashions for 2009"
(December 30, 2009)
- "More Weird - and "Relevant" - Fashions"
(November 18, 2009)
- "Clothing of the Future: 2000 as seen in the 1930s"
(June 26, 2009)
- "Sustainable High Fashion?"
(March 17, 2009)
- "Paris Fashions: Yes, They're Supposed to Look Like That"
(October 13, 2009)
A micro-review of