Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lemming Tracks: Power Failure and All That

Yesterday was an interesting day. First, toward the end of the morning, the Lemming noticed that only one of the day's three posts were online. Or, for that matter, written.

By then, I was writing a post for another blog. ("Arkansas Recruiting Center Shooting, the Right to Remain Silent, and War" (January 22, 2010)) Like I've said before, the Lemming is apathetic only in the sense that I don't care deeply about the 'right' things.

That post got done, and the balance of the posts for this blog did, too. The Lemming got out for a combination coffee break/photo op, spent some time with family - my #1 daughter is home for the weekend - and got started on other tasks. Including the weekly post for the Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette, a fictional newspaper in an equally fictional small Minnesota town. Thing Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon, except done by someone who actually lives in a place like that.

Some weeks, the Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette is fun to write. Other weeks, not so much. Having a vague idea about what I'm going to write about helps.

This week, I hadn't a clue. Nothing.

I was toying with a vague notion for this week's post - now, mercifully, forgotten - when the lights went out. Then flashed on, then went out for good.

My computer's monitor hiccuped, and went dead - along with the rest of the system. ("No Power For an Hour," (January 22, 2010))

The whole town was dark - I used much of the time talking with my oldest daughter.

#1 daughter and I independently arrived at a solution for the Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette conundrum: write about an ice storm and its effects. Which I did.

By then it was late. Really late.

This morning, I realized that I hadn't - as I usually do - set up the next day's posts, the evening before.

Oh, well: tomorrow I should be back 'on schedule.'

Now the Lemming fares forth to seek, to find, and not to yield. Well, not too much.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory