Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fashion and the Queen of the World - According to Oddly Enough

"http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/2010/01/25/her-majesty-the-queen-of-the-world/"
Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (January 25, 2010)

"Blog guy, please settle an argument I'm having with my friend.

"Is there such a thing as the Queen of the World? My friend says yes, but I say no.

"Of course there is. No offense, but you're obviously a cheese-eating bonehead.

"Here is a photo of Her Highness out walking among the commoners.

"What's that red thing on her head?

"There's nothing on Her Highness' head. That's a logo on the wall behind her. Probably the Royal Logo...."

I have to be careful, and not put too many Oddly Enough micro-reviews in this blog: I think they're funny, for the most part, and have to be sure I turn this into the Apathetic Lemming for Oddly Enough blog.

Anyway, the creator of Oddly Enough posted again.

This time, though, about fashion that doesn't make my eyes bleed. That outfit looks like something a woman might wear, without being paid to do so.

Robert Basler makes a bit of social commentary (or is it a gag? It's hard to tell) at the end. His 'correspondent' was dubious, because there wasn't anything about a queen of the world online.

The post ends with:

"...Ah. Fair enough. Well, give me five minutes and then check Wikipedia."

Which is why I'm really careful about checking my sources, online and otherwise. Which is another topic.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory