Friday, May 30, 2008

A Post About America's Memorial Day

"More Than Barbecues"
My Adventures in History (May 25, 2008)

""What's Memorial Day for?" asked my friend. After proceeding to explain why we celebrate the upcoming holiday, I wondered how many people have asked this same question. I know I have. In the past, it has been quickly dismissed as just another holiday, where we get an extra day off of work to have barbecues. So what is Memorial Day exactly?..."

I missed this one, when Memorial Day weekend was coming up. But, it's got some good thoughts - and a couple of links - so, 'better late than never.'

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, thanks for the micro-review of my post. I hope you come back to my site every once in a while when you can!

It looks like you do a lot of post reviews. Very informative of what's out there in the blogosphere!

Rebecca

Brian H. Gill said...

Rebecca,

Thanks for the comment, and the good words.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory