Monday, May 26, 2008

Phoenix Mars Mission and another Blog

"Mars Phoenix Lander: BE PROUD OF AMERICA!"
Jeff McCord's Blog (May 26, 2008)

"I can't think of a greater post to write on this Memorial Day than what just occurred, yesterday, when NASA/JPL realized their Mars Phoenix Lander successfully landed on Mars.

"As you know from my previous post, it was a 'nail biter' yesterday when I was watching NASA and the Mars Phoenix Lander control room with over one thousand other Ustream fans. And I will also say it made me feel very proud to be an American when we got the word that the Mars Phoenix Lander had successfully landed.

"This video below shows exactly what it took for this robot/probe to get on to the ground. Check it out: ..."

I know: quite a few countries have a stake in the Phoenix mission: follow NASA links in previous posts, for detail. Just the same, I think it's okay to be proud to be proud of the American contribution.

Previous posts:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to my post...

Yes, I'm very proud of the OTHER countries who've contributed...

but I am damn proud to be an American today.

Brian H. Gill said...

Jeff McCord,

My pleasure.

(For the benefit of visitors, Mr. McCord is referring to a BlogCatalog discussion thread, "Mars Phoenix Lander: BE PROUD, AMERICA!."

I'm one of those primitive, psychologically dubious people who don't mind being an America, either.

And, I'm glad that there are other countries with a stake in this mission. Like Switzerland. A Swiss organization contributed the atomic force microscope to the MECA experiment.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory