"By no means is tech support immune to exhibiting computer stupidity of their own. This page consists of stories of customers that just can't get the help they need."
The first example:
- "Customer: 'Hi, I can't seem to connect you guys are you having a problem?'
- Tech Support: 'Well sir, what dialup software are you using?'
- Customer: 'The one you provided.'
- Tech Support: 'And what version is it?"
- Customer: (says the version number)
- Tech Support: 'Oh, that's the problem you need the latest version.'
- Customer: 'Ok, how do I get it?'
- Tech Support: 'Well, just transfer the file via FTP."
- Customer: 'Well that would be nice, but I can't connect to the Internet.'
- Tech Support: (sounding exasperated) 'I told you just to FTP the file sir.'