Thursday, May 1, 2008

An Avatar is not the Real Person, and other Observations from the Blogosphere

Once in a while, I run into a rich node of good sense. It happened again this morning.

"I have learned that an avatar is not the real person and that blogging is not a 'who can outblog who' contest. While recognition is nice, I am ultimately choosing to have my '15 minutes of fame' allotted elsewhere; perhaps in a way less self-serving. I have learned that I need to blog responsibly and that words have the ability to inflict a lot of damage; especially to our young people and to those who could possibly be 'on the edge'. I believe that I can do it without compromising my core self.

"I have learned that 'draft' is not a bad place for hot posts to cool off before making them 'go live' (or not). I have learned not to post anything that I wouldn’t say to a person's face, and if I happen to get 'called on it', it's 'my bad' for having posted it. And, I have learned just how big the world is, and that to step outside of my own sometimes, can be a very good thing.- Nards"

a comment by nardeeisms, in "What Have You Learned from Blogging so far?" (BlogCatalog discussion thread (started April 30, 2008)).

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory