Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (March 23, 2010)
"Okay, fashion show staff, as you know we’ve been struggling for some time with the problem of models showing too much emotion when they’re out on the runway.
"Sure, an occasional pout or contemptuous sneer or obnoxious smirk can have its place, but our new clothing line is heading more in the direction of no emotion whatsoever...."
I get the impression, fairly often, that I'm not quite on the same page as the upper echelons of Western culture. ("Data-Driven Art: For an 'Overwhelmed' 'Hive Mind???' " (January 27, 2010)) That, I can live with.
Oddly Enough's blogger has another funny post here. My opinion. It helps if you don't take haute couture / high fashion too seriously.
- "Good Grief, What Was the Fashion Designer Thinking?!"
(March 8, 2010)
- "Frankenmodel: Or, 'After This Job, You Die' "
(January 29, 2010)
- "More Fashion Weirdness: You Can't Make This Stuff Up"
(January 22, 2010)
- "Insane Fashion Hair Styling: This Might Work, Actually"
(January 19, 2010)
- "Paris Fashions: Yes, They're Supposed to Look Like That"
(October 13, 2009)