Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cute Sleeping Cats: Videos

"Sleeping Cat"

annie85v, YouTube (February 23, 2008)
video, 0:30

"How cute!!!!!! awwwww"

I grew up with cats of the 'house' variety. My household is catless, though - my wife and some of the kids are sensitive to pet dander: which can be an issue with the most fastidious cat.

So it's fun to go to YouTube now and again and get a look at the life and times of felis domesticus.

That's a not-all-that-uncommon way for a cat to wake up, by the way.

More, there's always more.

"Cat Meowing In Its Sleep

Dweiu, YouTube (December 16, 2008)
video, 0:28

"Cat making funny noices when someone sneezes.

"For all who thinks this is animal cruelty:

"I would never hurt my cats. And this was just a phase when he was a kitten and cat doesn't anymore do this :) Sorry if someone got offended by this video. "

That "animal cruelty" disclaimer didn't come out of nowhere. There's a small (I trust) but vocal and terribly earnest contingent who seem convinced that everybody else abuses animals. All the time. By forcing dogs to fetch sticks, stroking cats - you get the idea.

That sort of thing can make discussions of real animal cruelty a bit difficult, sometimes. Which is another topic.

Me? I must be some sort of monster, by the earnest ones' standards: I think that nattering cat is cute.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

puurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr purrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Waaahhh! Too cute!

snicker

Seriously, what ninny would think that's cruelty?

Brian H. Gill said...

Brigid,

Agreed, on both points. Responding to the question: the idea would probably be that whoever is speaking is tormenting the poor helpless cat, can't you hear it's terrified and tormented cries?

I didn't say I think that makes any sense: but I've run into people who (think? associate?) like that.

I have speculated that there's something going on in their heads that could use attention. That's not a criticism: misperceptions like that don't, I think, come out of nowhere.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory