Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lemming Tracks: Not the Lemming's Most Serene Day

Not quite 24 hours ago, I started setting up today's posts for this blog. That's when I discovered that Google/Blogger had blocked Apathetic Lemming of the North - for being a possible 'spam blog.' I asked for a review, of course - and the Lemming was unblocked by the time I staggered downstairs this morning.

I had a rough evening and night, though: trying to figure out what had triggered Google's action; and seeking some way to ask how to keep this from happening again. Google does have a snail-mail address, happily - and a laudably cost-conscious menu system for their land line and on their website. (The lemming's not complaining: it keeps costs down.)

So far, this blog hasn't been blocked again (yeah - I'm that nervous), and neither - I just now checked the Blogger dashboard (handy feature!) - have any of my other blogs.

That's good news, since if that 'review' process hadn't gone well, this blog would have been deleted, two weeks from yesterday. I didn't sleep well last night.

Oh, well, worse things can happen. And, have.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory