Friday, August 28, 2009

And Now, for Something Completely Different: a South Korean Girl Group Music Video

This is, by my standards, fun, cheerful, with pretty good music and choreography. As someone said, 'it brings a smile.' Or something like that.

"GIRL'S GENERATION-Into The New World(HQ)WITH MP3/MV DL"

jazzin09, YouTube (April 27, 2008)
video 4:51

I'd never heard of Girls' Generation before - possibly because my command of Korean is extremely sketchy at best - and consists of terms used in Soo Bahk Do. One of my kids was watching this video, I started asking questions, and found this (higher-quality) copy on YouTube.

I gather that Girls' Generation has fans and unfans: the latter regarding the group as a girl-group copy of some specific boy-group. That may be true, but I don't see the problem.

My guess is that it's not all that hard to tell the difference between the two groups: After a certain age, it's hard to not notice the difference between boys and girls.

And, although I'm a bit more interesting in people who develop styles, I'm also interested in people who take what others have developed and put their own spin on it.

For newbies like me, who are clueless about Girls Generation, or SNSD, or So Nyeo Shi Dae, or 少女时代 - there's nine of them: Taeyeon~태연; Tiffany 티파니; Sooyoung 수영; Yuri~유리; Hyoyeon 효연; Seohyun~서현; Jessica 제시카; Sunny 써니; and YoonA 윤아.

Girls' Generation website: girlsgeneration.smtown.com

About the apostrophe (') - They call themselves Girls' Generation on their website, the YouTube account with the video spelled it "GIRL'S" in the title. As is my custom, I quoted the title exactly as written, using what appears to be the correct usage elsewhere.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory