Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa's Workshop, Pip, and a Disturbing - or Disturbed - Image


Santa's Warehouse, 2009 by ~Norski on deviantART

" 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the shop
Nothing was stirring, you could hear a pin drop.'


"When I created this scene, I wasn't sure how to use it. The poem, "Pip" - that's the first two lines - tells the picture's story. Normally, I wouldn't do a cheap parody of a beloved poem like Clement Clarke Moore's: but I was facing a deadline, had no better ideas, and was getting desperate.

"The poem, and a (much) smaller version of this picture is on one of my blogs: 'Not Your Usual Fluffy Christmas Rhyme', Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette."

On Deviant Art's website, and a few other places online, I'm Norski. Yep: I'm plugging one of my prints.

Yes! You, too, can have "Santa's Workshop, 2009" as a handsome 8 x 10 to hang on your wall! Or, as a fine 4 x 5 print. Just follow the links.

You'll never forget that image. No matter how hard you try, I suspect.

The Lemming will be back, a little later, with a post about fine art, or gerbils, or magnetohydrodynamics, or something.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory