Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lemming Tracks: The Lemming's Taking a Short Vacation

There's a poster I saw, decades back, that read something like this: "I've worked long and hard for this nervous breakdown, and think that I have it coming: as soon as the workload eases up."

Or something like that.

One of the advantages of being my own boss is that I can give myself a vacation any time I like.

One of the disadvantages of being my own boss is that I know just how much won't get done, if I don't do it.

However, last month being as interesting as it was, I think it's a good idea to give myself a long weekend.

So, this is the last post that the Lemming will publish, until sometime on Tuesday, October 13. See you then!

2 comments:

Cher Duncombe said...

My husband and I were fortunate enough to retire early. I thought I would feel guilty; never have. I thought I would miss the hustle and bustle; never have. I feared I would get bored; never have. This is the best vacation we ever took!

Brian H. Gill said...

askcherlock,

Thanks for sharing that. Intelligently planned, an early retirement can be a fine thing.

On the other hand, I plan - and hope - to continue writing and creating for many years to come. Writing and working with graphics is 'work' - but it's also something that is a sort of natural occupation for me.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory