Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Excalimaze: That's a Really Big Maze-in-a-Picture

"Excalimaze"
amazeking.com


(from amazeking.com, used w/o permission)

That's a thumbnail from the amazeking.com website. The puzzle is 2592 by 1722 pixels: about 2 megabytes. That's over 300 dots/pixels/lines per inch on an 8' x 10' printout: where it'll look a whole lot like a hand-drawn picture. Which is what I suspect the maze started as:


(from amazeking.com, used w/o permission)

I haven't printed Excalimaze out and solved the maze - partly because I don't think it's one of those 'solved-in-five-minutes' puzzles, and right now I don't have a whole lot of free time to deal with. But don't let that stop you: This looks like fun.

Or, maybe, a sort of substitute for refrigerator door art.

Either way, enjoy!
A tip of the hat to IDreamHappily, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this maze.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I drew that maze. I looked my own stuff up, and saw this post just now... That maze was drawn exactly as you see. I didn't draw a picture then erase stuff to make it a maze... I assure you!

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory