Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Machine Gun Twittering:" Probably Not Cool

"Machine Gun Twittering"
Damien at the Speed of Life (June 22, 2010)

"Twitter is both a fun way to network and also a promotion tool for my online writing. In the past 2-3 months I have really applied myself to seeing what it does. I learned how to mass add followers and after that learned I wasn't really compatible with most of them so … mass adding is not cool. Something else is not cool either, which is what I'm getting to in this post..."

"...The other night I shared with my wife how annoying it is when someone I follow 'tweets' in rapid succession. I had some people on my list I dropped because their successive tweets were annoying....."

It's not a long post - and that "machine gun Twittering" could be annoying. Which concerns me, since I do it myself. So, as Damien Riley's wife pointed out, does he.

Maybe you do, too. Like I said, it's a short read - and could be a useful one. I've reminded myself to watch how fast I Tweet tomorrow. We'll see if I listened.
A tip of the hat to rileycentral, on Twitter, for the heads-up on his post.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Missing a 'be': "could annoying"

The Friendly Neighborhood Proofreader

PS One of your recent 'word verification' checks made me think of pasta. :P

Brian H. Gill said...

Brigid,

Right you are! Thanks.

(Vermicelli??)

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory