Tuesday, April 13, 2010

'I am the Office Girl'

"'I am the Office Girl' - or - Heads up! It's Not the Forties Any More!"
Starting a Small Business Without Losing My Mind (April 12, 2010)

"This post has a point to make, but I'll save that for the end.

"First, I'll indulge in some reminiscences. These really do have something to do with this post's topic...."

In the spirit of "transparency:" Starting a Small Business Without Losing My Mind is another one of my blogs. I wrote that post yesterday. So yes: This post is an example of shameless self-promotion.

It's also an opportunity for me to share two of the goofier experiences I've had.

The first involves a businessman in the San Francisco area who discovered that some guy who sounds like Darth Vader was the "office girl" he'd demanded to talk with.

The second is about an electrician who flat-out refused to discuss anything technical with my wife.

The point of that 'business' blog post is that anybody in business these days really should catch up on what's happened in America since Rosie the Riveter's Day.

Vaguely-related posts:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory