Serious Eats (April 8, 2010)
The post is that photo, and this list:
- Periodic Chart: How to make atomic spritz cookies! [Evil Mad Scientist]
- Nooks and Crannies: How to make English muffins at home. [Table Matters]
- Slow and Low: Dave Arnold's back with part 2 of his sous vide primer. (Part 1 here.) [Cooking Issues]
- Whole Foods: Chain to recycle customers' wine corks. [Slashfood]
- Five Guys: Secrets behind the burger chain's success. [Inc. via GS]
- iPad: Cooking apps for Steve Jobs' miracle device. [Chow]
- SS Mickey: Ratatouille-themed restaurant aboard Disney Dream ship. [Eater]
- Sexism: Is it ingrained in restaurant service? [Bauer]
- AHT: Steak 'n Shake vs. Five Guys in burger brackets »
- Slice: 9 Wild Pizza Tattoos »
- SENY: Meet & Eat: An interview with chef Joey Campanaro »
The "Sexism" item? I grew up in the sixties, and have had my fill of the chronically affronted - on all sides. Still, that post, from SFGate, complete with culturally-normative photo, has a point.
I've run into that sort of thing: from my "office girl" incident to the time an electrician wouldn't talk to my wife.
But those are both (each?) another topic.
A tip of the hat to williamcooks, on Twitter, for the heads-up on that post.