Friday, August 13, 2010

Lemming Tracks: The Lemming BOINCed His Last BOINC

Back in April, last year, the Lemming installed the SETI@home BOINC software, and joined that cloud computing project. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and still does - but yesterday I decided that it was time to quit.

My software being unable to contact the SETI@home server for about 24 hours, and pestering me about it, sped up my decision-making process.

Now I have one less process draining my (old) computer's resources - and I'm pretty sure that the SETI@home project has other folks to pick up the workload.

Related post:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory