Monday, January 12, 2009

Lemming Tracks: The Lemming's Cooling Down

Literally. My fever's well below 100 today, and may stay there. Or, it may not.

In a related matter, there hasn't been a new post on this blog since Friday. In a way, that's not doing too badly. Another blog of mine hasn't been updated since April of last year. Actually, I've been having a bit of a time keeping up with the Lemming for a few months.

The Lemming Sits Down and Thinks: Out Loud

I don't do New Year's resolutions, but this year I did some re-evaluation during the big holiday season. I haven't come up with any firm conclusions yet, but there are going to be some changes.

Like getting blog posts out on time. (Famous last words?)

First, though, I decided to let my hair down a bit. A process which, in my case, looks like that photo.

As 2009 starts, boredom isn't an issue for me. When I'm not watching the unfolding story of humanity and the universe, I'm dealing with:
  • Health issues
    • Major depression
    • Diabetes
    • Obesity
  • Economic issues
    • Laid off for two and three quarters years and counting
    • Still haven't restored a reliable, steady, income
  • Family issues
    • Daughter getting married
      (good news)
    • Father dying
      (not-so-good news)
Otherwise, though, my life has been pretty tranquil.

Has the Lemming Lost it?!

This post isn't as off-topic as it may seem. The Lemming is mostly interested in what shows up on the Internet, but I blog about blogging, too. Sometimes.

And, since I've got an insider's view of this blog, I thought that sharing some of what's been going on behind the scenes might be of interest.

The Apathetic Lemming of the North: 2009

Assuming that I manage to evict the bug that's been having a party in me lately, posts should be coming on the three-per-day basis that I settled on last year.

Until I change my mind.

It's funny, what a fever does to one's ability to concentrate - and make sense.

Other Blogs

I doubt that I'll add another blog to the collection any time soon: That sort of extra responsibility I don't need right now. As far as the more interesting (to me) ones go:
Narcissus-X
This blog is, in a way, my favorite. Around spring of 2008, though, I discovered that there might be quite a lot more of that wack job of an angsty artist in me than I realized.

And, although he's fun to write for, I found that encountering him in the corridors of my mind was a little disconcerting.

Which is a sort of explanation for why you haven't seen posts from Narcissus-X for a while. Another issue with the Narcissus-X blog is a sort of story line that I'd considered introducing. It looked good at first blush, but probably wouldn't have been all that entertaining. I mean to say: Narcissus-X, cured?
A Catholic Citizen in America
The header's description, "Following Catholic beliefs and practices in America: One man's experience," won't change: for now, at least. Posts have been more of my response, as an informed Catholic, to news and events than I'd planned at first.

Like everything else in this changing world, that may change.
Through One Dad's Eye
I haven't been updating this personal blog as often as I'd planned - and hoped - to. Changing that will take a reform of my daily schedule. Starting with establishing a daily - and weekly - schedule.

I've been handling tasks as they came up, and as I thought of them. That's a very laid back, comfortable approach, but it doesn't get things done as reliably as I like.
Another War-on-Terror Blog
Posts for this blog take more time to write than for any of my others: It's the research that does it. That daily/weekly schedule should keep me from spending too much time on it. But, that may mean fewer posts.
Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette
I've been writing a 250-word post for this blog every Friday for quite a while now. I'm starting to know more about the fictional small town of Loonfoot Falls, Minnesota: and am enjoying the process.

Actually, that's almost every Friday. Last Friday's post didn't get published until Sunday night. Good thing, too. Not only did the stuff I'd put together in Friday's mental fog deserve oblivion, but the delay gave me an opportunity to have a supporting character make a post, explaining the delay.

The Lemming is Hot!

To paraphrase Jar-Jar Binks, in that Star Wars movie, "fever's back!"

If you're still reading: thanks for the interest, and I hope this quick look under the hood of a blogger's head was worth the time. I hope to be back tomorrow, with a more usual assortment of posts for Apathetic Lemming of the North.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory