- Special logos for its home page during the Olympics - a new one each day, so far
- A 2008 Summer Games page with
- An iGoogle gadget for your Google homepage
- A link to a special YouTube Summer Olympics page
- Google Maps information about
- Links to the latest stories from Beijing on - what else? - Google News
- A calendar of events
- About a gazillion1 directories of pages about Olympics and Olympic events, past and present
- "Google's Olympic Extravaganza
WebProNews (August 8, 2008)
- Blogger/columnist Philipp Lenssen displays and discusses highlights of Google and YouTube's 2008 Olympics services.
- Also, a few words about a set of darling little police avatars from China:
- Helpful, sort of:
They warn viewers of content that the Chinese government thinks is harmful - which probably includes impolite references to human rights abuses
- A few words, and a screenshot, of SketchUp 3D models and the Olympics
- And a screenshot and link to iGoogle, China - a version of iGoogle that's nothing if not colorful.
- "Google brings Olympics updates to mobile phones"
CNET (August 8, 2008)
- What the title says.
- "Google launches special sites and services for the Olympics"
digitaljournal.com (August 9, 2008)
- Also: What the title says.
- With two embedded videos
- "Let the Games begin, online
CNN (August 6, 2008)
1 Several thousand, apparently. "Gazillion" sounded cooler, though.