Friday, August 8, 2008

China's 2008 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony is a Blast

The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing opened today. The opening ceremony was on this morning, but I missed them. (I was busy taking pictures of a crew pouring a sidewalk, for another blog.)

From what I've read and seen, the ceremony was spectacular. Make that 'spectacular!' I've put together some of the coverage: I'm sure that the fireworks, hoopla, flying gymnast, and 2,008 drummers were caught on tape. However, I didn't find online video of the actual opening ceremonies (not the one of rehearsals, leaked earlier). Maybe it'll show up later.

China is doing a pretty good job with One World One Dream, "The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games August 8-24, 2008." The website has a Videos section, but I didn't find anything on the opening ceremony - they may be still preparing a vid, I suppose.

I recommend the CNN video collection. It gives a look at how some people in China see this year's Summer Olympics. It's a very big deal for them, and a point of national pride. (I posted before, on how anxious the Chinese leadership seems to be, that their Olympics come out flawlessly, in "Chinese Olympics: A Bit on the Control Freak Side?" (August 4, 2008).)

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory