Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Candy: What to Do With It

"What to Do with All That Candy"
Midwest Moms (November 3, 2009)

"I've been wracking my brain for the past couple of days, trying to find inventive ideas for what to do with this sudden glut of willpower-bending carbohydrate on our dining room table.

We are not a family that has candy in the house a lot. It's a special treat. Most often, I keep some in reserve to buoy my children's spirits on a long hike or a marathon drive....
"

The blogger gives several pretty-good ideas, along with their 'up' and 'down' sides:
  • Give a Free-Candy Day
  • Dad and I eat It
  • Set Treats aside for the Future
  • Donate It
  • Turn it into Cash
  • Experiment with it
  • Use Candy as an Art Supply
If you think you have a better idea, follow that link: "Midwest Mom" is looking for more ideas.

I liked the combination of smooth, conversational writing and practical ideas in this post: and as an advice piece on what to do after Halloween, it's pretty good.

About a half-century ago, when I went trick-or-treating, my parents let me finish off the entire supply of candy. But then, they'd realized that I would make it last a long time, eating one piece a day - maybe two, if I was really enthusiastic.
A tip of the hat to MidwestMoms, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory