Serious Eats (November 13, 2009)
"Still don't have a turkey plan this year? Then we've got a contest for you. The good folks at D'Artagnan are providing us with a turkey a day to give away to one lucky Serious Eats reader from today until Sunday, November 22.*
"D'Artagnan is a purveyor of many things delicious—from pâtés to sausages, foie gras to wild mushrooms, game meat to truffles. But right now we're especially interested in their turkeys...."
Well, I suppose an organic turkey is better than an inorganic turkey.
Yes, I know: they don't mean that.
"...D'Artagnan's certified organic birds are fed organic grains and pure spring water—no protein supplements, no added poultry or fish byproducts, no pesticides or herbicides, and no antibiotics or growth hormones. The result is a bird with great flavor...."
They're probably right. I won't even make a crack about those organic turkeys needing hand-loomed jogging bloomers.
Since Apathetic Lemming of the North is read around the world (World Wide Web, remember?), I've got bad news for quite a few readers: this turkey contest is available only to people living in the continental United States.
Thanksgiving Turkey RecipesFor those of you who don't mind participating in the enslavement and execution of your fellow-beings on tiny, delicate Earth: here's a list of Thanksgiving recipes, from Serious Eats.
- "Mark Bittman's Forty-Five Minute Roast Turkey"
(November 24, 2008)
- "Honey-Brined and Smoked Turkey"
(November 21, 2008)
- "Cook's Illustrated's Slow-Roasted Turkey with Gravy"
(November 19, 2008)
- "Provençal Turkey Roast with Riesling"
(November 18, 2008 )
- "Cook the Book: Perfect Turkey Gravy"
(November 17, 2008)
- "Lidia Bastianich's Roast Turkey"
(November 11, 2008)
- "Cook the Book: Roasted Turkey Roulade"
(November 10, 2008)
- "Salted Roast Turkey with Herbs and Shallot-Dijon Gravy from 'Bon Appétit' "
(October 27, 2008)
- "Cook's Illustrated's Roasted Brined Turkey"
(November 9, 2007)
- "My Own Favorite Roast Turkey"
(October 31, 2007)
- "Tofu Turkeys, Genetically Altered Foods, and the Evil Eye"
(November 14, 2009)
- "Tofu Turkey: No Kidding "
Loonfoot Falls Chronicle-Gazette (November 13, 2009)
- "Hard Science Fiction, Cultural Blinders and Laban's Sheep"
Drifting at the Edge of Time and Space (October 29, 2009)
A tip of the hat to williamcooks, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this turkey contest.