Thursday, February 25, 2010

High Fashion - They're Supposed to be Footwear

"Five reasons to just go barefoot…"
Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (February 24, 2010)

"Shoppers, what's the best way to save money on shoes? By not even being tempted to buy any.

"Here are five examples of footwear from major fashion shows in the past month. I think most folks would rather wear flip-flops.

"I mean, top left, I'm pretty sure this one is inspired by the 'Mad Max' movie wardrobe, and it's only going to appeal to chicks who get invited to parties in unheated caves...."



Well, actually, I wear flip-flops from late spring through late autumn. I'd wear them in the winter, but here in Minnesota even my Norwegian heritage won't keep my feet that warm.

After those antlered fashion models, earlier this week, these shoes look almost - no, not normal, but vaguely practical. Except for that pair of - things - in the lower-right corner.

Then there's the photo that goes with this paragraph:

"...Finally, we have these boots. I'm not making this up, they are named 'Military China' – two words that are synonymous with haute couture...."

I think the Oddly Enough blogger hit the right tone with "I'm not making this up" - and he's not.

Related posts:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory