Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Webcam's View of a Small Town Street

"Small Town America: Central Minnesota"
"From the heart of darkest Minnesota: my view of small town America."
Webcam, updated twice a second

This photo was taken inches from the webcam, one morning this week.

This is my contribution - if you can call it that - to the world of webcams. This particular one shows what I see, looking in a generally north-northwesterly direction out my window. The idea, when I set it up, was to give my neighbors something to look at when they were online - and give anyone who cared to look a glimpse at a real small town in America.

It's not, I'll grant, filled with wild action: but you will see lawns, part of an intersection, cars, trucks, cyclists, pedestrians and intermittent hummingbirds.

Unhappily, it's not always online: I make an effort to have it broadcasting during most daylight hours, but need to reboot my computer from time to time. And, at night there really isn't all that much to see.

This particular webcam has its own blog, also called Small Town America: Minnesota. My view of what's happening here in Sauk Centre, in the heart of Darkest Minnesota, is in the "Sauk Centre Journal."

And that, I think, is quite enough self-promotion for one day.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory