Social Times (May 25, 2010)
"Google has been working to make it easier to get video news content indexed in Google News. As part of this effort, they posted a few tips on their blog yesterday, to help publishers make their YouTube news clips more discoverable. While the post is focused on publishers who are uploading news content, Google's tips are useful for all kinds of content creators, from artists to musicians to documentarians and everything in between.
"There are all sorts of ways to optimize your YouTube videos, making them more discoverable, from tags to descriptions and more. The following are the six best practices for increasing the discoverability of your video content, according to Google...."
The rest is pretty much common-sense advice, as reflected in the headings (along with my imagined comments by the supervisor from Heck:
- Upload Time Sensitive Material ASAP
- Godzilla in downtown Tokyo? We'll run that tomorrow morning
- Stick To One Story Per Video
- Along with that flower show footage
- Categorize Your Videos
- Call them both as "hot beach fashions"
- Provide Detailed Descriptions
- Don't waste time with the description: they'll figure it out
- Don’t Forget The Tags
- Tags? What tags?
- Make Your Video Embeddable
- Whaddaya mean, embeddable?! Make them to go to our page!
A tip of the hat to Steveology, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this article.