Friday, February 5, 2010

Employee Relations, Human Resources, and Dead Chickens

"Any unhappy workers, raise your hands!"
Oddly Enough, Reuters blog (February 4, 2010)

"Staff, I like to think of you as my friends, not just the little pissant scumbags I boss around…

"I know you're all wondering…slurp… about this team-building exercise…slurp…..."


(Oddly Enough, via Stringer, REUTERS, used w/o permission)

That's a vendor taking a noodle break in Xiangfan, Hubei Province.

The post's grimly funny - my opinion - but that photo was a sort of trip down memory lane for me. I lived in San Francisco for a time, on the edge of Chinatown. The real China town, a block or so west of that tourism-oriented street you may have been on. Most places in America, you won't see a whole chicken, duck, or other animal plucked, dressed and hung whole in front of the store. There, that's how things work.

I don't get nostalgic often - but I came close with that post.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory