A Catholic Citizen in America (June 18, 2011)
"For two days now, I've been writing about World Refugee Day. Also Minnesota, the United Nations, turkeys, Antarctica, jobs, and getting along with neighbors:...
"...'Getting along with neighbors' can mean anything from dealing with a neighborhood association led by a control freak with an aversion to inflatable Santas, to deciding not to kill the family next door - even though they don't have the 'right' ancestors.
"Rwanda - It Could be Worse
"My guess is that there are several places on Earth that are in worse shape today, than Rwanda. Somalia and the Darfur region of Sudan come to mind. Even so, there are reasons why quite a few folks decided that it was time to move...."
The Lemming wrote that post, so this micro-review is pretty much a blatant example of full-bore self-promotion.
On the other hand, you might be interested in knowing what happened to a man who hid in a cattle truck, bribed a pilot, and eventually wound up in Utah. And why he was in the truck to begin with.
- "Lemming Tracks: Sudan, Africa, Independence, Unity, and Getting a Grip"
(January 6, 2011)
- "Fetching Water With a Q Drum: Looks Simple"
(November 20, 2010)
- "Mutant Bananas: A Pretty Good Idea, Actually"
(August 24, 2010)
- "Ghana, Intellectual Property Rights, and the Information Age"
(July 8, 2010)
- "African Art, Photos, and a Whacking Great Generalization"
(June 21, 2010)