The Lemming saw that cartoon after posting a micro-review on Frank J. Fleming's "Tips for Not Appearing Crazy on the Internet."
One of Mr. Fleming's tips for crazy people was "Don't Be Surprised When People Have Opinions Different From Your Crazy One."
Not that xkcd, "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language," is written by a crazy person. It's a webcomic - and probably intended to be funny. Not published as a warning that the squirrels are plotting to enslave humanity by making people think HDTV is impressive.
But the Lemming's been wrong before.
A related post, and four others:
- "How to Not Sound Crazy - or - THE PARANOIDS ARE AFTER ME!!!"
(June 12, 2011)
- "Lemming Tracks: Anonymity, Blogs, and Making a Point"
(February 10, 2011)
- "Blogging is Dead! Long Live Blogging!"
(December 16, 2010)
- "Writing For Blogs: Pretty Good Advice, and a Seven-Point List"
(June 14, 2010)
- "Blog Comments Categorized: Encouragers to Aliens II - The Response"
(June 4, 2010)