Friday, August 10, 2007

Another Descendant of the Chain Letter? "Millionaire For A Day!"

Despite the title, I haven't made up my mind whether this sort of post is a full-fledged descendant of the chain letter, or not.

My guess is that this is regarded as a way of increasing traffic. I may discuss that in another post.

This post seems harmless enough. No money was requested, or other item of value. And the question appealed to me.

I'll get to the fun part in a minute. The only big issues I see about posts like this is that
  • They place an additional strain on the Internet's capacity to handle traffic, without adding very much in meaningful communication
  • Links in these posts are not relevant, since they do not serve to connect the page to another page with related content.
I'm not going to take a side on either one of them.

The fun part:

In the extremely unlikely event that I had a million dollars (and, assuming I received it), I'd: give 10% off the top to charity; find out how big a piece of the action the IRS wants, and what it would take to clear family debts; set up a live-off-the-interest fund; and stop worrying about how I'm going to support my family.

Okay, there's probably be some significant upgrades to my computer, and maybe a flatscreen television in the mix, too.

Here's what a friend of mine at BlogCatalog.com asked me to participate in. I can't stop you from copying it and continuing the chain, but I won't insist on it, either.

Instructions: ***Start Copy***

Proposition: If you Have $1,000,000.00…………………………
Requirements: continue above sentences
Tag Mode: 5 bloggers
Link: Add your anchor and post link below.

What They Do With Their $1 Million

1. SYH will spend for Family
2. Miche will give to the needy
3. Montessorimum will keepsake
4. Lovely Mummy will spend & save
5. MummyInVain will fully utilise
6. Babyfiona will buy house and open business
7. MonkeyWong will go for a long vacation
8. Emila Yusof will realise her dream
9. Mariuca will open a Perfume Gallery
10. Hin will blog to donate for charity
11. Norski will Tithe 10% off the top

Instructions: ***End Copy ***

A few technical notes: I stripped a great deal of formatting out of this list, so that it would display legibly in this blog.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory