Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oil Painting: Old Tech Art; New Tech Artists

"Oil paintings" puts me in mind of Rembrandt, Velasquez, Goya, and other artists of the past (Baroque, in this case). It's easy to think that contemporary artists, who may not go for Baroque, don't use old-fashioned media like oil paint.

But, oil-based paints are used today: and not just by artists with a 'retro' style.
  • " Paintings in Oil / It Began As A Painting A Day Blog by Neil Hollingsworth"
    Today's post, " Bowl of Bulbs No. 2," is a still life of light bulbs in a glass bow.
  • " ALLA PRIMA PAINTING / painting from life in one sitting"
    This blogger seems to post about once a month, with a painting and a quote
  • " Playful Painter / Paintings by Gautam Rao"
    The artists writes, "I’m an artist living in Indianapolis, Indiana. In this blog, I post new paintings regularly. My goal is to challenge myself, and to seek the extraordinary in everyday life.
    "All paintings are oil on masonite."


I saw some videos, too, on that last blog.

2 comments:

Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

Brian H. Gill said...

Term Papers,

Thanks: and that's what I do, about three times a day.

Everybody else,

www.usatermpapers.com is a term paper writing service. That's the website you'll reach if you follow "Term Papaers'" link.

I understand 'supply and demand' - but I've been an student, and I've been a teacher. Writing term papers, or anything else, involves effort: but I think it's worth it.

For the student, the sort of research and analysis required is a good learning tool. For the teacher, it's a pretty good way - although labor-intensive for grading - of finding out if the student actually learned anything, and if so: how much.

I'm dubious about the ethics of paying someone else to write your term paper for you. Even if I were, ah, open-minded enough to do so my self, I wouldn't.

First, there's money involved.

Second, I've seen what some other folks come up with when they try to do research: and my grade would be depending on the result.

For a virtually identical comment, see: "Writing: Fiction, Mostly" (July 1, 2008).

Instructors, take note.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory