Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"...Darling Son and That Person You Married...."

There's a remote chance that you haven't read this classic before. Or recently.

So, without further ado:

"Mom's Christmas Letter"
joke-archives.com

"Dear Darling Son and That Person You Married:

"Merry Christmas to you and please don't worry. I'm just fine considering that I can't breathe or eat. The important thing is that you have a nice holiday, thousands of miles away from your ailing mother. I've sent along my last ten dollars in this card, which I hope you'll spend on my grandchildren. God knows their mother never buys them anything nice. They look so thin in their pictures, poor babies.

"Thank you so much for the Christmas flowers, dear boy. I put them in the freezer so they'll stay fresh for my grave. Which reminds me -- we buried Grandma last week. I know she died years ago, but I got to yearning for a good funeral so Aunt Viola and I dug her up and...."

Two points which the Lemming thinks are important to remember:
  1. This letter is a work of fiction
  2. Even so, that is a disturbed woman
The Lemming thinks the letter is funny, but the Lemming's sense of humor has been called into question before: so your experience may vary.

Not-completely-unrelated posts:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory