Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lemming Tracks: The Lemming Has Been Thinking, Again

I missed a lot of posts lately. This is the third time that The Lemming has posted about this lack of new material: I'm still not reaching that target of three posts per day: but it's looking less unlikely now.


(There's a larger version in my new Art Gallery.)
The Lemming's Been Thinking

Thanks, everyone, for checking back with The Lemming from time to time. I appreciate that.

What Happened?

The fact is, I'm not a lemming at all. (Shocking, isn't it?!) I'm a fifty-something married guy living in a small town in the heart of darkest Minnesota.

Life has been a little more than usually interesting lately.

I'm still figuring out how to make a living: a somewhat urgent matter, since I was laid off in the spring of 2006 and still don't have steady work. You don't suppose all this time spent blogging would have anything to do with that, do you?

My father's dying, which doesn't exactly make me gleeful. He's taking the situation rather well, but it's a huge transition for the whole family. My mother died last year, so we've had some practice: which helps. In a way.

The family house, up in the Red River Valley of the North, is empty now. My wife and kids and a brother-in-law did that job. They've been bringing the household back, one van and/or truck load at a time. And, my wife's somehow been getting that crowded household's stuff into this crowded household. How, I don't know.

One of my daughters has been getting very serious about a young man. He's a great guy, but following the situation and talking it over with her on those rare occasions when she isn't consulting with my wife has used up a certain amount of nervous energy.

And, although the doctors say it can't be happening, I'm still not entirely convinced that my antidepressant and the new blood glucose medications aren't playing racquetball in my brain.

Between that, trying to revive 2-year-old projects, and learning how to exercise without that exercise place in town, I've been just a little distracted.

What Next?

Good question.

Right now, I've got a little video editing job. Too bad I don't have the software for it. There's a post or three for other blogs that are time-sensitive. One's already past due. Tomorrow's Halloween!! And, I don't have the graphics ready for that.

But, hey: no pressure.

Keep an eye on Apathetic Lemming of the North: I found a fun micro-site tonight.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory