Mercifully, the Lemming recalled that Poe's poem about a monomaniacal raven was loosed amid cries of "havoc!" last September. (September 13, 2013)
No, wait that's Antony's line: not in A. and Cleopatra, the other one. "Julius Caesar:" not to be confused with Orange Julius, or Jules Verne.
Since the Sochi Winter Olympics are still going strong, or cold, or whatever: the Lemming thought it only fitting to ponder, weak and weary, over many a — no, that's about a monomaniacal raven: not that saying "nevermore" necessarily constitutes mania. If your life won't be complete unless you read Poe's poem, here's a link: "The Raven," Edgar Allan Poe.
That reminded the Lemming of an unaccountable lacuna in the Olympic lineup. Why have the Olympic committees utterly overlooked the snicker-snack double biathlon?!
Maybe it's due to pressure from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Jabberwocks. Or perhaps something more sinister. Dares the Lemming say it — ravens?!
It's Valentine's Day today, by the way: thankfully, the Lemming did not forget. And that's another topic.
- "Sochi, Winter Olympics, Lint, and a Rambling Lemming"
(February 7, 2014)
- "And Now, For Something Completely Different: Portable Buildings; and an Octopus Cartoon"
(March 7, 2012)
- "From the Mind of the Lemming: Valentine's Day Dragons"
(February 14, 2012)
- "Olympic Committee Rules for Social Media: Common Sense; or Signs of a Vast Conspiracy of Space Aliens?"
(June 27, 2011)
- "How to Not Sound Crazy - or - THE PARANOIDS ARE AFTER ME!!!"
(June 12, 2011)