Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Can You Digg it? Digg's Algorithm, Potrero Hill, and Distinctions

I don't often revisit topics - at least not this soon - I had a flash of inspiration while leaving a comment on "Digg’s Double-Edged Sword" (my first post was "Digg Looking Beyond the Bay?").

As I wrote before, I signed up with DIGG some time ago. I'll probably touch base there again this year. It's a fine website for people living in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood and their friends: but that's all it is.

That's not a criticism. Just an observation.

A not-altogether-unreasonable comparison would be the Royal Ascot. There's nothing wrong with the race, and it's been a fine occasion for British ladies to show off their new hats.

But a son-of-an-Irishman like me has about as much place at Ascot as a skunk in a flower shop. Outside the stables, of course.
About The Royal Ascot: A close look at the photos suggests that the Ascot isn't as exclusive as it used to be, at least for the ladies. I still have my doubts about how well an Irishman would fit into the aristocratic mix.

Ah, well: The horses and the hats look fine.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory