Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rise of Apathetic Lemming of the North

As if the world didn't have enough blogs already, here's another one.

Mine. My fourth, to be more precise:Why so many? I'm following the one blog - one topic rule. That makes each blog easier for folks to find, using search engines. It also makes a blog easier to read for anyone who isn't me.

Apathetic Lemming of the North will be my blog on other blogs.

Why "Apathetic Lemming of the North?" "Lemming" has been a term used to describe narrow-minded, biased fans: in the 1980s, of wrestling's WWF, later for any promotion.

I remember it being used as a description of those who didn't agree with people in the anti-war movement at least as far back as the 1970s. "Lemming" still seems to mean "easily-led dupe who doesn't agree with me" to this day, as its use in at least one comment dated October 21, 2006, demonstrates.

I am not particularly interested in the great causes some of this continent's coastal cultures: the oppression of the spotted owl, for example.

Even worse, I hold views which are contrary to the faith of such bastions of relevance as Amherst and Berkeley.

I am, therefore, not only apathetic, but a lemming as well.

A quick Google search showed that at least one other person of the 6 billion or so on Earth already used the "Apathetic Lemming" moniker. To differentiate myself, I have dubbed myself "Apathetic Lemming of the North." Appropriate not only because I live in one of the northern tier of the contiguous states, but because some of my views will almost certainly be viewed as cold and heartless.

I don't agree, but then I'd rather be alive than feel good: and assume that others feel the same way.

Enough introduction. To the blogosphere!

1 comment:

Athiambiwied said...



A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting.

Northrise Accountants

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory