Monday, December 20, 2010

DAZ 3D Studio: Pretty Good for 3D Art

Yesterday, I installed the new version of DAZ 3D Studio (daz3d.com) on my new computer. I've used earlier versions of this (almost) free software for several years now - and thankfully, I've still got the computer that the older version is installed on.

The new version works fine, for the most part. I plan to use it to create a 'Christmas' graphic: that's a sort of first draft, on the right.

The Lemming probably should have put off getting started with this nifty new system, until after #2 daughter and her husband had gone. My getting about four hours sleep last night didn't raise my mental efficiency any - and that's another topic.

The Lemming said that 3D Studio is (almost) free. There is a condition to using it: the company asks that anyone using the software tell two other folks about it.

Over the life of this blog, the Lemming figures more than two people will read this post - which takes care of my obligation.

The Lemming is pretty sure that I'll figure out why the new version is giving me fits right now: Late last night, I took my son's advice and looked for an answer to one issue on the company's website.

He was right: The answer was there.

Maybe, after the Lemming is caught up on sleep - but like I said, that's another topic.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory