Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Blunt Umbrella is, Bluntly, Blunt: Built by Blunt

"Blunt Umbrella"
Wired Product Reviews (February 8, 2010)

"On a recent stormy San Francisco day, pedestrians all around me struggled as the wind made their bodega-bought umbrellas leap like impatient leashed puppies, or worse yet, flip inside-out like starfish stomachs. But not me. My umbrella kept its rounded shape in the nastiest of rainy gusts, its architectural integrity as unbroken as the dome of St. Peter's...."


(from Wired, used w/o permission)

"Blunt" isn't an adjective - although the the Blunt umbrella is a bit "blunter" than most around the edge. It's made by the Blunt company.

The design looks good: and I've gone through enough umbrellas in my time to appreciate the idea of one that's built a bit tougher than the norm. And the Blunt umbrella, for all its apparent durability, doesn't look half bad.

Still, I doubt I'll be getting one. At $70 or $75 dollars each, it's a tad rich for my household's budget.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Yeah, but at least it won't break anytime soon.

Oh, and unless this is a bit of British colloquialism that I'm not familiar with I think you mean 'bit' instead of 'big' here: "Blunt umbrella is a big 'blunter'"

Brian H. Gill said...

Brigid,

Right you are: "a bit 'blunter'" is what I had in mind.

If the Blunt is as durable as they say, it might pay for itself after a few windy days. Depends on the climate, I suppose, and the habits of the owner.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory