Friday, January 15, 2010

Optimal Earl Grey: Top Tea Brands

"Top 5 Earl Grey Tea Brands"
Personal Blog of Justin Germino (January 13, 2010)

"I have been drinking Earl Grey tea on occasion since I was ten years old. When I was a boy I idolized Captain Jean Luc Picard and his favorite tea on the show Star Trek: The Next Generation was Earl Grey, at ten I had never heard of the tea so asked my mother to buy some. I have been hooked on the unique flavor ever since and drink it at least once per week, sometimes more.

"The unique flavor of Earl Grey tea comes from the Bergamot essence that is used in the tea, this is a type of orange and the rind itself is where they extract the oil from instead of the flesh. Some Earl Grey tea’s are very potent and the bergamot can be overpowering and bitter, others are too light and delicate. The trick to brewing Earl Grey tea is to never...."

There's more: advice on brewing the optimal cup of Earl Grey tea.

And, I appreciate the mention of Captain Jean Luc Picard, of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987-1994).

Ah, yes, I well remember the Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise, telling the computer to make him a cup of tea, Early Grey, shaken, not stirred. No, wait. That's not right.

Hats off to Patrick Stewart: he played his part well.
A tip of the hat to dragonblogger, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this post.

1 comment:

Dragonblogger said...

Thanks for the mention, people thought I was such a nerd because I had a picture of Captain Picard on my wall in my house.

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory