Thursday, December 3, 2009

An Asian-Italian Dish for Busy People, From Idaho: Now That's American!

"Fast Easy Fried Asian Vermicelli (Bee Hoon)"
vishali, Notecook (December 3, 2009)

"This Authentic Fried Asian Vermicelli recipe is a time saver for busy people.
Fried Asian Vermicelli can be prepared and served in 15 mins!


"I am very keen in cooking. I love trying new recipes and improvising them. I especially like to experiment ways to prepare and cook them faster. Many of the traditional Asian recipes are tedious and time consuming. Whenever I look at mouth watering recipes online, I would be tempted to try but the long tedious process would put me off. Then I would scrutinise[!] the recipe to see where I can take a short cut or maybe simplify or omit a step. While attempting to improvise recopies, I will always try to retain the original flavour.

"This Fast Easy Asian Vermicelli is one of my short cut recipes...."

What follows is a five-ingredient, seven-step recipe so easy, I'd find no trouble following it. (Intricate cuisine isn't my forte.)

Also, a video on how to stir-fry pork.

I enjoy seeing what cultures around the world have come up with, but I like American cookery, too. And I think this qualifies: "...a time saver for busy people..."? A priest who spent quite a bit of time elsewhere said that not doing enough wasn't - to put it mildly - a typically American problem.

Anyway, vishali lives in Idaho - that's the state that keeps Montana from bumping into Washington state.

And, the way I see it, America isn't so much a melting pot as a crazy quilt. The result isn't nicely consistent; but I like the variety, the different textures, and the wild pattern.

Back to that recipe: vishali must have people with my cooking skills in mind. The seventh step starts with "Taste."
A tip of the hat to williamcooks, on Twitter, for the heads-up on this recipe.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory