Friday, April 10, 2009

Lemming Tracks: A Perfect Storm of Malware and Easter Weekend

The Lemming's had malware trouble - which became acute this week. I'm dealing with it, but it's been a distraction. Right now, a full system scan is going through my G drive - over 8 hours after I started it.

Well, that's my problem - and I'm dealing with it.

However, it does mean that I'm putting up another IOU for that average of three daily posts that I try for. If you're a regular visitor: you know I'm good for it. If you're new here at Apathetic Lemming of the North, "trust me:" I'll make up for lost time, as soon as I've got full use of a machine here. Which shouldn't be all that long, one way or another.

One thing: the situation I'm dealing with doesn't seem to have anything with the Conficker worm that I've posted about. The big problem may have been zlob - and I'm getting some other stuff cleaned up now.

Besides, it's Easter Weekend

Lent and Easter is a rather big deal for me and this household. The family's been at Mass today, and I don't mind having an excuse to kick back, think about 'Big Picture' things, and let software crank its way through its paces.
Update April 13, 2009
"Lemming Tracks: Caught up After a Perfect Storm of Malware and Easter Weekend" (April 13, 2009)

Caught up with the weekend's posts: malware still an unresolved issue.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory