Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Tech Support Guy's Lot is Not a Happy One

Tech Support: I've been on both sides of the phone.

On one particularly maddening occasion as a user, I went 'round a circle twice, so I could tell the next poor soul at [software publisher] I encountered that
  • [software publisher product] support told me the problem was with [retail store]'s bundle of products - talk to them
  • [retail store] told me that the problem was with the operating system, so I should talk to [operating system company]
  • [operating system company] told me that the problem was with [software publisher product], so I should talk to them
So, here I am, back at {software publisher]. For the third time!

I never did get that issue resolved. Eventually, I developed a workaround.

Then there are my tech support experiences. But, instead of going into that, I'll steer you to An Open Letter to Anyone Asking Me For Computer Help. The writer's 11-point list of experiences and observations is worth reading: for entertainment, or as a sort of educational experience.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles

Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

Pinterest: From the Man Behind the Lemming

Top 10 Most-Viewed Posts

Today's News! Some of it, anyway

Actually, some of yesterday's news may be here. Or maybe last week's.
The software and science stuff might still be interesting, though. Or not.
The Lemming thinks it's interesting: Your experience may vary.
("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Who Follows the Lemming?

WebSTAT

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory